Erecting the Small Side Tent
- Hook the side tubes (5) and (6) inwards into the brackets on the vehicle roof (see point 6) and connect the support tubes (3) and (4) inwards (see point D). Rest the support tubes on the ground for the time being.
- Push the connecting tube (1) into the rear seam in the tent roof and then slide the spigots on the tube (1) into the side tubes (5) and (6) (see point B).
- Push the front cross tube (2) into the front roof seam, insert spigots into the side tribes (5) and (6) and secure with the captive hooks (point A).
- Insert the support tubes (3) and (4) inwards into the jack brackets under the vehicle and secure with the knurled nuts (see point C). The height of the tent can be adjusted to suit ground conditions with the screws at the top of the support tubes (3) and (4).
- Fasten the front and side walls to the ground inside with tent pegs (7).
- Close the slit at the rear of the roof behind the roof rack support with Tenax fasteners.
- The small hooks and chains at the top of the support' tubes (3) and (4) are for securing the wing doors.
- The rubber rings on the tubes (3) and (4) protect the doors against damage while open.
Before erecting the tent for the first time it is advisable to lay all the parts out as shown here.
(The image says there are 10 of the wire loop stakes.)
Much thanks to Nathan Dennison.
Return to Splitty Tents | Tent Home